Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Only True Gift

Here is another of Pati's great cards!!!

Time for another card for Classy Cards 'n Such. You just have to check out their store. Lots of must have dies, stamps, bling, paper, ribbon and oh so much more. 


Pati Olson
http://shabbypati.blogspot.com


In this day and age of buy, buy, buy, the front of the card sentiment has special meaning for me. Most of you know I have nearly 50 grand and great-grand kids and buying "stuff" for them is a real strain on the budget. I think it's nice to get back to giving of ourselves instead of buying the latest and greatest must haves.  I do have to admit though, I am one of those who always wants the newest dies, stamps, etc. for myself so this lesson is definitely for me!

Enough of that.....let's get out our supplies and make a card.

I had this greenish paper lying around in my cabinet and just never found a good use for it. Then I thought, green and pink and it just seemed to work for me.  The gorgeous doily is the Italian Flourish Doily and it is wonderful cut from card stock. In front of that is Spellbinders Scalloped Ovals but Spellbinders Lacey Ovals would work as well.  The pearl bling is Finesse Swirls White Pearls which I really love.

The border edge is a Die-Namics border. The bow is made with pink seam binding and to that a nice little stick pin was added.   The flower I made using a three inch strip of satin that I cut into several sized circles and burned the edges with a flame. It is secured with a cute pink dotted brad.
 
 Now for the inside: 
I used the Spellbinders label 8 in two sizes and trimmed it with the Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish.  I trimmed a bit off of it to put on the upper right and added a few Want 2 Scrap pink pearls. The Wishing you stamp is from Verve. I then inked the edges of the card using Ranger Brushed Corduroy.

 I hope you enjoy making your card today and thanks so much for dropping in for a visit. If you haven't already, please sign up to follow me so that you will know when new cards are posted.
 
Have a wonderful "creative" day!






Thanks Pati and thanks to each of you for stopping by!!!   Until next time...





Pin It

2 comments:

Judy1223 said...

Ahhh...SO lovely, inside and out!

Jennipher said...

Stunning card and wonderful attention to detail!