Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Stairway to Heaven

Jennipher is back with another beautiful card!

Hello again! It's Jennipher for Classy Cards 'n Such. I've been wanting to try some of the fun folds for cards that you can create using your Scor-Pal or Scor-Buddy.

Today's card is called a Stair-Step card and I used this tutorial found at Splitcoast Stampers: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/StairStepfold/. There's also a video in the link if you are more of a visual person.

I created my card base using my Score-Pal and Smooth Pearlized Cocoa cardstock. Once it was scored and folded the fun part began! I decorated each stair separately using patterned paper, outline stickers, a border punch and black pearls.

For the center step I needed to create a focal point and I used my Spellbinders Labels Eighteen to create an elegant shaped base. I die-cut some white cardstock into an oval shape and stamped my Scripture on it. Before adhering it to my shaped base, I sponged the edges with Milled Lavender Distress Ink. Once adhered to the base I added black pearls all around and finished off the center by adding the "blingy" flower off to the side.

If you've never made a stair-step fold card before I hope you will give it a try. It's super easy and tons of fun. The possibilities with this fold are endless!

 
Oil of Joy
http://jennipherlowery.com




Supplies
   Bling - Black Pearls
   Outline stickers - Assorted gold lines  
              Hollywood Vogue and WonderFall
   Spellbinders - Labels Eighteen
   Scor-Pal or Scor Buddy
   Other - Martha Stewart Crafts border punch
              Milled Lavender Distress Ink (Ranger)
              Verve Stamps-Scripture Plain Jain
              Glittered Flower by Recollections
Thanks Jennipher!!!

Click the links to go directly to the items Jennipher used in the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop.

Thanks to all for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



  Pin It

1 comment:

Judy1223 said...

WOW! What an amazing card...so full of beatiful details!