Sunday, December 4, 2011

Glitzy Vintage Ornament from Sarah

Sarah is back with another beautiful Christmas card!
 
December is here, and I am decorating my house for Christmas this week. On my Christmas tree my favorite ornaments are the ones I have had for many years, as they represent so many wonderful memories. Among them are several from my childhood and even quite a few that had belonged to my grandmother- some over 100 years old. I love antique and vintage ornaments, so when thinking of a card to make for this week I decided to create something with a vintage look to it. And, since I love sparkle, glitter and glam, I added that element as well.
 
Here is what I came up with:

Sarah Bennett
http://my-little-somethings.blogspot.com
 
I started with a base of dark brown card stock, and a layer of Christmassy red over it. Then, I die cut patterned paper using the awesome Dainty Dutch Deco frame from Cheery Lynn Designs. The detail in this die is incredible!
 
In the center of the frame I put my sparkly vintage ornament. It was die cut using silver glitter card stock and one of the Nestabilities 2010 Heirloom Ornament dies.
 
Then I added a few leaves and layers of flowers from Prima's glittered floral embellishments. But the problem is, this thick glittery paper is difficult to adhere things to. So let me introduce you now to my new best friend: Scor-Tape! I had never used it before, despite having been told by several of my crafty friends how great it is. Well I just have to say, this stuff is awesome! I had been using red backed tape for years. But it can be pretty pricey and I had run out. So, I figured I'd try this. I am so glad I got a roll of each of the three available sizes because I love it! It holds great and I think it's easier to use, as the backing comes off more easily and doesn't stick to you the way that static-y red backing can, lol. And I found I got a lot more of it for a lower price- only $5.00 for 27 yards! If you've never tried it, I urge you to give it a shot. I sure wish I hadn't waited so long to get some! 
 
In the center of the flower I put a few tiny red rhinestones. At the top of the ornament I made a bow out of one of my favorite embellishments: the Ecru Delight lace. I find it goes so well with so many things and is so easy to tie and work with. And priced at only .50 cents per yard, you just can't beat it! :-) I tied my little tag into the lace using ivory colored sewing thread. I added a stamped label down in the bottom corner, and then for a little more elegance I put some beautiful Want 2 Scrap red pearls in the upper left corner. 

I hope you have enjoyed my card for this week, as it was a lot of fun to make. I've got to get back to my Christmas decorating, but will be back next week with another card for you. 
 
I wish you many blessings,

Sarah
 
Thanks Sarah!  Be sure to click on the brown links above to see the items in the Classy Cards 'n Such online shop!
 
I still have not heard from our blog candy winner - judyjstamper - so if anyone knows her, please ask her to contact me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com before 6PM tomorrow, Monday December 5th.
 
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
 
 
 
Pin It

No comments: