Monday, March 19, 2012

Another Botanical Butterly


Hello Friends! This is Chrissy D here. Today I am sharing a card using the beautiful Botanical Butterflies from JustRite stamps set available at Classy Cards 'n Such. I stamped the image in black ink and colored it using Copic markers.  

The layout comes from one of Splitcoast Stampers Sketch Challenges. I started with 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" blue cardstock and scored it at 4 1/4" using the Scor-Buddy Mini Scoring Tablet. I layered the 5 1/4" x 4" artichoke cardstock on top of that and the 5 1/8" x 3 7/8" sand cardstock on that. I layered patterned paper on those. Classy Cards 'n Such has a wonderful selection of beautiful patterned papers that you can view HERE.

I used two techniques called Stacked Nesties and the Worn Wallpaper techniques from the Technique Junkie Newsletter. I used the Spellbinders ovals & circles to layer my dies, popping them up with the Joy! Foam Pads. I cut out some flourishes using the  Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourishes. In order to eliminate additional paper shims, I used the Large Cuttlehug to make a snugger fit. I also used the Crafter's Tools by Cheery Lynn Designs to help remove the Fanciful Flourish from the die and place it where I wanted it on the card.

To finish off the card, I tied a bow using the Eggshell Seam Binding.



I hope you enjoyed my project today! Have a wonderful day!

Thanks, Chris!


Do you have your Easter cards ready yet?  I know I don't!   Click here to see some of the Easter stamps, Rubz and stickers that Classy Cards 'n Such has to offer!  Of course, anything spring or floral always works too!  Be sure to check out Chirpy, our newest addition, and the wonderful Easter Blessings Oval Medallions with the matching Spellbinders Oval Medallions die cuts!!  Order now and we'll get them right out to you!  


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

1 comment:

Holly said...

Oh Chrissy! How pretty and romantic!! I love the flourishes!