Monday, April 9, 2012

A Shimmery Rose

Recently, we needed a special anniversary card for some very wonderful, long-time friends.   I just love the new shimmer roses in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop, so I decided to make my card with the shimmer rose as the focal point.


I started with a base of 11" x 5 1/2" of Pearlized Esse White Metallic cardstock.  The picture in the shop appears blank, but it's because this is such a gorgeous white that it blends right in with the background.  One side has tooth which I used for the outside of the card and the other is more smooth which makes writing a tad easier.   I scored at 2 3/4" from each long end to make the gate-fold card.   The Scor-Buddy is great for scoring!


I used the largest Spellbinders Picot Edge Circles for the focal point and the #2 (second to smallest) for the butterfly. Both circles were cut from Rose Quartz cardstock.  


Have you seen the new Tropical Leaves set by Cheery Lynn?  These leaves have really caught my eye and I'm pretty sure I will be using them a lot!!! There are five different leaves so you can really get a lot of mileage from this set!  I cut three of these leaves plus a Tropical Flourish from Stardream Emerald to go with the Purple Shimmer Rose.  The shimmery quality of these roses does not show well in the pictures, but it is there! I placed a larger white pearl in the center of the rose.  The 2" shimmer roses are also available in white.  Sooo pretty!!!


I added White Baby Pearls around the edges of each of the Picot Edge Circles and down the body of one of the Small Butterflies (formerly Mini Butterflies).  The butterfly was cut from Stardream Ruby which perfectly matched the purple rose!   I also cut a matching Angel Wing from white vellum.  I hope you can see the Angel Wing on the close-up!  It's a very pretty effect!!


After adhering all of the layers, I attached half of the large Picot Circle to the right side of the card with foam pads.  Then I held the right side closed so I could get the correct placement for the smaller circle with the butterfly which I also attached with foam pads.   The smaller circle should be over the edge of the larger circle to keep it closed.










Even though I used this for an anniversary card, it could easily be a special birthday card, sympathy, wedding, get well and more.   


Bling is on sale this week which coordinates with our current challenge!  It's a great time to stock up on some beautiful bling and enter your own creation in the challenge!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It