Thursday, July 19, 2012

Do Not Be Afraid

Hello Everyone! It's Jennipher joining you today with a 6x6 easel card. This is my first time ever making an easel card and I really enjoyed the process and was happy with the finished project. I hope you like it!


Let me tell you about the process...


To make a 6x6 easel card, I needed to start with a 6x12 cardstock base. I then scored it at 6" and then again at 3". I folded my scored areas and then added a 6x6 cardstock front. Once I had the card made, it was time to decorate it!


I began with a sheet of Damask designer paper from the Glitz Designs Vintage Blue collection. I left it at 6x6 and distressed the edges with a distressing tool and then inked them with Faded Jeans Distress Ink from Tim Holtz. For my next layer I used a sheet of yellow designer paper from the same collection. This particular sheet already has a distressed pattern on it that looks sort of like paint or ink splotches. I mounted it on matching cardstock and then I used the embedded embossing technique on it by running it through my Cuttlebug with the polka dot embossing folder. The next layer was the striped and floral paper. The edges were distressed and inked and then mounted onto a navy blue cardstock base. Before securing to my card, I added a seam binding ribbon.


I used the Fanciful Flourish Die from Cheery Lynn Designs with a piece of Reich Shine Champagne cardstock to create my flourish. It was added on top of all the previous layers a little off center.


Now it was time to add my Scripture which was going to be the focal point of my card. I used the Lacey Circle Die from Spellbinders and cut out a vanilla circle. While the circle was still in the die, I sponged distress ink in the opening. Then I stamped my Scripture in black ink.


I wanted to add a flower to my card front but didn't have one that matched. So, I took a Ceylon White Wedding flower from Prima and blotted it on my distress ink pad. It added just the right amount of blue and the blotted look fit in with the rest of the distressing. For the final touch to the front of my card, I added a row of Royal Blue Rhinestones from Want2Scrap.


Now it was time to add decoration to the inside of my card. I used the same Damask designer paper as the base. For your easel card to stand up properly, you have to add something about 1/3 of the way into the inside of the card. I used a piece of the floral stripe designer paper and punched a lacey border in it. Before adhering it to the card, I took a piece of yellow cardstock and punched the same lacy border in it and then staggered the floral stripe paper on top of it. I used foam pads to adhere it to my card so that it would be popped up and would keep my easel from collapsing when it was open.


Now it was time for my sentiment and finishing touches. I used the smaller lacey circle die and again sponged the inside with distress ink before stamping my sentiment in black ink. I added a few foam pads to this and secured it to the base. To pull it all together, I added another row of Royal Blue Rhinestones.






This card was made for someone very special to me who is about to embark on a journey and is going to need daily encouragement. I thought what could be more encouraging than knowing that our Lord is with us wherever we go! No matter what we may face each day God is right there with us and there is no need to get discouraged or be afraid. I don't know about you but, this certainly makes it easier for me to get up every morning and face the day!


Supplies:
Glitz Designs Vintage Blue Collection
Faded Jeans Distress Ink
Royal Blue Rhinestones
Spellbinders Lacey Circles
Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish
Reich Shine Champagne Cardstock
Ceylon White Wedding Flower from Prima
Chalk White Seam Binding


Beautiful card, Jenn!!  Thanks for sharing!!!


We've received several beautiful entries in our HANDMADE FLOWERS Challenge!   Won't you join the fun??  Please be sure to read the guidelines carefully so that you can be considered for the $10 Gift Certificate to the Classy Cards shop!  All of the details are here!


There are gorgeous NEW Joy! Crafts Die cuts - card stands and corners - in the Classy Cards shop!   Be sure to check those out here!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: