Friday, July 27, 2012

Hibiscus and Quinn Flourish

Hi everyone!


Here's my card for the die cuts challenge.   I chose the red patterned paper from the Magnolia Grove paper pad by Kaisercraft!   Lots of great choices there!!  All of the other paper is from my stash.   BTW - paper pads are 15% off this week.  All of the details are here!


I've been anxious to try out some of the new dies in the Classy Cards shop and this was my chance!   I used the Quinn Flourish as a mat for the Hibiscus, both from Memory Box.  I added a little Mustard Seed Distress Ink with my water brush to the center of the flower which is cut separately.  I put a thin foam pad under the Quinn Flourish for dimension. The Butterfly corners are from Joy! Craft.  I added a little sparkle using the Gelly Roll Stardust Clear Pen and added Baby Pearls down the centers.


I used White Picot Trim to accent the center of the card.  I adhered the trim and the hibiscus with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive using the Metal Tip for precision on the tiny trim and around the center of the hibiscus flower. Before I  stamped For You from the Happy Birthday set in the lower right with Versamark, I lightly rubbed my anti-static bag over the area to keep any stray specks of embossing powder from sticking to my card.  I embossed with Silver Detail embossing powder and then brushed away any remaining powder from the anti-static bag with a dry paint brush.












I hope you enjoyed my card with die cuts!   And I hope you will join our challenge and show us your die cut creations!  Details are here!!


Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: