Friday, August 17, 2012

A new PIA card!!


Hey everyone, this is Donna. I’m posting one of my favorite types of card today. I absolutely love the stamp collection by Stampavie and will definitely be using more of their stamps in the future! 
This is a 4 ¼" X 5 ½" card made with white cardstock.  I used the lavender cardstock with a nice pearl sheen in the Daisy and Swirl embossing folder to give it a fabulous background. The purple patterned paper and “Pia” are cut out using the Spellbinders Small Deckled Rectangles to give the paper a tattered looking edge. 
Pia and her cute little doll were colored using Prisma colored pencils. I used purple as the main color and added a little pink as an accent. At the bottom of the card I used lace with bows and made a military chain out of small purple ribbon to finish off the edge of the lace. The striped ribbon was tied using the Bow Easy bowmaker (my favorite since I can never seem to tie a good looking bow!).  
The olive green pearls give the card a nice finishing touch and a good pop of color. Thanks for checking out my card and I hope this inspires you to create something unique of your own. This is the first one I’ve made to post and it was such fun! I look forward to sharing many more of my cards and ideas with you.  


Thanks, Donna!!!   You may recognize some of the same supplies I used in the Pia card posted here.   Donna and I were given the same basic supplies to create a challenge card.   It's always fun to see how differently the cards turn out even with the same supplies!

Sign up for the Classy Cards newsletter on the left side of this post for some great, exclusive deals!!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: