Sunday, September 16, 2012

Pink Butterfly

Hi everyone!

I've got a really simple, but elegant card to share with you today.   I wanted a tent card so I cut a 4" x 11" card base from Rose Quartz cardstock and scored it at 5 1/2".

I tried the new A2 Matting Basics A and A2 Matting Basics B for the first time and it worked like a charm!  These two new Spellbinders sets allow you to cut perfectly straight mats every time!  To get a narrow margin, I used the second largest die from each set for a 1/8" margin.  I could have used two dies from the same set for 1/4" margin, but for this card, I wanted the 1/8" margin.  I embossed the top pink mat for some additional interest, but it wouldn't have been visible on the white mat.  I added copper ink around the edges of the white mat.

I cut a Picot Edge Circle (second largest die) out of Cryogen White because of the subtle sparkle (love that!) and added foam pads to the back for dimension.  I cut the Floral Flourishes Butterfly by Joy! Craft from Rose Quartz and shaped the wing by using a stylus from the Paper Blossoms Paper Tool Kit.  I used Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive with the Metal Tip to put a narrow line of adhesive down the back of the butterfly.

For the finishing touches, I added tiny pink pearls around the circle area of the Picot Edge Circle.  I used gold lines to frame the design.  And there you have it!


This card works so well for so many occasions!   I will be using it for a wedding gift, but it could easily be used for a birthday, encouragement, get well and more!!

There are lots of new items in the shop, so be sure to click on the NEW!!! tab above the main menu.   And there is also a ton of items to be found on the regular menu.   Be sure to check everything out!   Click any of the gold links above to be taken directly to the item in the Classy Cards shop.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

2 comments:

jacquiscards said...

loving this xxx

Jax from cuttlebig group x

cjknick said...

Beautiful! Love everything about it :)