Saturday, November 17, 2012

Blue Christmas

Hi all. It's Jenn and I'm back with a Blue Christmas card. Every time I hear the words Blue Christmas, I'm reminded of my Dad and how much he loved that song..."I'll have a blue Christmas without you". Lord knows we have had many a Blue Christmas since he went home to be with the Lord. So Dad, this card is for you...
I started my card out with a Pearlized White Esse Metallic base measuring 4.25 x 5.5.  Next, using the Jewel Tones Assortment Craft Foil by Spellbinders and the Winter Wonders Spellbinders M-Bossabilities, I embossed the dark blue foil. Once embossed, I sanded it to reveal the silver that is underneath. I was a bit hesitant about sanding but, this stuff sands like a dream! Once I had it sanded the way I wanted it, I cut around the bow part of the embossing and cut it down to fit my card base. 

The embossing was so beautiful I wasn't sure what to add next. I could have stopped there and had a fabulous and elegant card. However, I decided to add some snowflowers. Using the beautiful silver paper that comes in the Foil Paper Textured Patterns 1 and the Cheery Lynn Designs Snowflowers Set 1, I die cut three snowflowers and added blue rhinestones to the center for finishing touches.

I love everything I used on my card today but, I'm totally in love with the craft foil by Spellbinders. I hope you'll give it a try!

 Jenn's card was inspired by Latisha Yoast's beautiful card on page 46 of the November 2012 issue of CardMaker magazine.  Isn't it beautiful???

I need to make room for all of the new products that have recently arrived and new arrivals yet to come, so I've put all Webster's Pages paper along with all Tim Holtz Ink Pads and Re-inkers on clearance!  Great prices and once they are gone, they are gone!  



All of the Spellbinders Dies D-Lites are now in stock and all pre-orders have been shipped.   These little dies are the cutest!!  Get yours now!!!
Medallion One

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

No comments: