Monday, February 18, 2013

Daffodil for You

Good morning!   My card today is one of those that can be used for lots of occasions.   I used it for a sympathy card but it could just as easily be a birthday, thinking of you, just because and more.



I started with a card base of the new Hera cardstock.  Even though it doesn't show well in the photo, this is a wonderful beige that works with so many colors and cards!

Gold Leaf Curious Metallic was used for the mat.  The gold is a rich, muted color.  I embossed it with the Heather Border for a very delicate and elegant border.  I rounded the corners of the mat for a little added interest.

I chose a daffodil outline sticker for the focal point.  I love to use the stickers!  They are quick, easy and give an embossed look with no mess.  I placed the daffodil on heavyweight vellum and framed it with a frame from the Oval Frames sticker sheet. The heavyweight vellum did not curl when I colored it and has quickly become a favorite!

I cut around the frame and then colored the daffodil with a variety of markers - 3D Souffle, Metallic and Copics.  It was easy to put a touch of adhesive behind the daffodil and adhere it to the center of the gold mat.


I hope you enjoyed my card today!   Be sure to check out this week's specials and new products here!

Click any of the gold links above for more info.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

2 comments:

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

stunning beverly! the gold is so pretty and such a beautiful elegant design :)

Karen W said...

This is just gorgeous!! I love those shimmer papers also.