Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Country Red Daisy


Hi folks!  It's Holly posting today.  How about a sweet little red daisy to put a smile on your face?



I had a fun time playing with some new Trendy Tape on this card.  See the red polka dot strips?  That's the Trendy Tape in Polka Dot Red - a self-adhesive paper tape that is easily removable if you stick it down in the wrong spot.  No need for glue or scissors - just unroll it, press it down where you want it, and then tear the end off just like you do with masking tape.  So easy and so fun!  Now I want to get all the other colors of this fun Trendy Tape!  You can find all the colors by looking under the Embellish tab and scrolling down and going to the next few pages.  :-)

After I put the tape down where I wanted it (four strips), I stamped the sentiment from Anytime Sentiments (Impression Obsession) in the middle.  The patterned paper on the left side is a piece that I cut out from the Summer Fresh 6x6 paper pad (Simple Stories).  

For my flower, I first die cut some leaves from the Rose Leaf Strip (Cheery Lynn Designs) and then some daisies from the Daisy Strip (Cheery Lynn Designs).  I stacked three different sizes of daisies up and glued them together.  The leaves were glued to the back of the red daisy and then the whole thing was glued down on the patterned paper rectangle.  I finished off the daisy by affixing a white button tied with twine in the center.

I like the country-ish feel of this card.  It's fun, flirty, and simple - perfect for a sweet country girl who needs a smile in her mailbox.  :-)
I think even a city girl might smile when she receives a card as cute as this one, don't you??

Click any of the gold links above to get more info or purchase the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

No comments: