Sunday, July 28, 2013

Caged Florals

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today.  I played around with some of the products from Classy Cards 'n Such and came up with this cute little country card to share with y'all.




My card starts with a card base of 8.5" x 4.25" of Kraft cardstock, folded in half.  I cut a smaller piece of polka dot paper from the fun Vintage Bliss 6x6 paper pad and adhered it to the card base.  While I had this paper pad out, I fell in love with the floral text paper, so I cut a 3" square of that and matted it with a slightly larger Kraft cardstock base.

I thought it would be fun to ramp up the "country-ish-ness" of this by adding a panel of chicken wire over the floral paper, so I cut out the Chicken Wire (Cheery Lynn Designs) from Kraft cardstock.  To get this to look silver, I dabbed over the Chicken Wire die cut with the Brushed Pewter Distress Stain - it works GREAT for coloring delicate die cuts like this!

To age the silver chicken wire a bit, I ran a black ink pad over it - just randomly here and there.  I wiped off some of the black ink with a tissue to distress it further - love that look.  It's just a hint of black here and there so the silver really comes through.

Next, I cut a small piece of the polka dot paper and notched the ends with scissors.  I added a little piece of a Mini Fanciful Flourish die cut (Cheery Lynn Designs) to the left side and glued a white button over that.  The last thing I did was cut the Mini Butterfly (Cheery Lynn Designs) and affixed it to the button.


I love these papers!  The butterfly and the chicken wire die cuts match perfectly with these papers for that sweet little country touch.  :-)

I love what Holly did with the chicken wire, don't you??

Click any of the gold links above for more info.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...



Pin It

1 comment:

joy said...

Oh my goodness - I love that chicken wire! That Holly is so very clever - it is a darling card!