Monday, September 2, 2013

Handmade Paper

Hi Classy friends!  It's Holly posting today.  Have you ever tried using some handmade paper on your cards?  That's what I've used in the background on this card today.




I created the handmade paper using a technique from Technique Junkies (June/July 2013 issue) and I used the Flower Flourish embossing folder to give it some texture.  I sponged on some bright and fun summer colors and set that aside.  Some white cardstock was cut with the Vintage Labels Two Dies. I set aside the actual shape die cut and used the leftover negative piece.  I sponged some yellow ink onto the white cardstock and then lightly sponged some brown ink around the inside edges.

Next, I cut some orange cardstock with the largest Vintage Labels Two Die, sponged some brown ink around the inside and outside edges, and layered that over my yellow die cut piece.  I created a shadowbox effect by adhering the handmade paper to the bottom of the two die cut pieces.  

The sentiment, from the Floral Vintage Labels Two stamps, was stamped with black ink onto white cardstock and then I cut this out with the smallest Vintage Labels Two Die.  I sponged some brown ink around the edges and then I used Joy Foam pads to adhere this in the middle of my "shadowbox" card.  

To finish off this fun card, I die cut some Olive Branches (Cheery Lynn Designs) and adhered them to the bottom corners.  The flower was created by cutting some brown cardstock with the fun Shasta Daisy Strip die, (Cheery Lynn Designs) and stacking them together with a gold brad.  I affixed this flower in the center of the two olive branches.

It was fun to work backwards instead of stacking up my layers on top of each other like I usually do.  This shadowbox effect is a great way to show off special papers without them overpowering your cards.  :-)


 A very colorful and "handmade" card! Thanks, Holly!!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

 Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

 
Pin It

No comments: