Friday, September 13, 2013

Tidings of Joy

Hi, it's Holly posting today.  Have you started on your Christmas cards yet?  Here is a quick and easy country-themed holiday card that I whipped up in less than an hour.


Isn't that scene gorgeous?  This stamped scene is from the new Country Time Christmas stamp set (Flourishes) that just arrived in the store.  I stamped it onto some Kraft cardstock and used colored pencils to very lightly color in the scene.  This is the Sepia Technique from Technique Junkies.  I sponged some brown ink around the edges and then distressed the edges with a distress tool.  I cut a larger white mat, distressed the edges with a distress tool, and adhered the stamped scene onto the white layer.

Next, I cut out a small white rectangle from the Blueprints 4 die set and stamped the sentiment with brown ink.  This sentiment is also from the new Country Time Christmas set.  A sheet of Kraft cardstock was cut in half (5.5" x 8.5") and folded in half to make a top folded card base.  

I wrapped some Chalk White seam binding around the card, punched a small hole at the bottom left side of my stamped scene, threaded the seam binding through the hole, glued the scene down onto my card base, and tied the seam binding into a knot.  The sentiment was adhered to the top right side of the stamped scene.

I love the soft and rustic look of this card.  This new Country Time Christmas stamp set is going to see a lot of ink from me this year.  The scene is gorgeous and the sentiments are so beautiful and versatile.
  
What a great Christmas scene! Thanks, Holly!

All five of the Flourishes new Christmas release are now available in the Classy Cards shop and ready to ship to you!
You can see them all in the NEW!!! section here.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...


Pin It

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great stamp! I'm definitely going to have to check it out. I love the rustic look you gave the card. And the idea to punch a hole in the corner and thread the ribbon through is great. TFS

Cherie