Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Christmas Wonder

Hi again!  It's Holly posting today, and I'm sharing a clean and simple (CAS) Christmas card with you.  This card came together in less than 15 minutes, and that includes the gold embossing on the ornament!



I started my card by pulling out a solid red paper from the new Traditions 6" x 6" paper pad (Authentique) and the Vintage (gold) embossing powder. I inked up the medium round ornament stamp from the Vintage Christmas Ornaments by JustRite with Versamark ink and stamped it onto the red paper. I covered the image with the Vintage  embossing powder, shook off the excess and used my heat gun to melt the powder.  

Next, I pulled out the 2013 Heirloom Ornaments by Spellbinders and found the size that matched my stamped ornament. I die cut the ornament and then I did a little trick. I wanted the little hanging loop at the top of ornament, but the die cuts just slightly larger than the stamped image. I didn't want a red border around my gold ornament, so I used my scissors to cut away that tiny border, but I left the hanging loop at the top.

I assembled my card by making an A2-sized card base from deep green cardstock.  I cut a piece of the floral patterned paper from the Traditions 6" x 6" paper pad (Authentique), as well as the solid off-white paper from the same pad.  I stamped the gorgeous new sentiment from the Christmas Inner Thoughts (JustRite) on the lower end of the off-white paper and then adhered my papers to my deep green card base.  

I cut a thin strip from the deep green cardstock, but I didn't adhere that yet.  First, I threaded some gold cord through the loop in my gold ornament and taped it to the back of the ornament. I affixed the ornament to the green strip using Joy! Foam Pads, Large, and then I wrapped the gold cord around the top of the green strip and taped it to the back.  Next, I glued the green strip down to my card base next to the sentiment. Lastly, I fashioned a bow from gold cord and affixed it to my ornament.

I love everything about this card.  The country looking colors, the gorgeous sentiment, the gold ornament, and the beautiful patterned paper all work together to make a vintage country Christmas card.


A gorgeous and quick holiday card! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products Holly used.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...


 
Pin It

No comments: