Friday, March 21, 2014

Butterflies in the Sun

Hi folks, it's Holly posting today!

I was playing with one of the stencils, and I wondered if I could make a flat, mailable card with it.


I started by placing the Texture Shine stencil over white cardstock, and I sponged some yellow and orange inks over it. To tone down the whiteness of the negative spaces, I lightly sponged some yellow ink over the entire piece.

Next, I stamped the sentiment from the With Love stamp set by Stampavie, with some purple ink in the lower right corner.  

I cut out some purple butterflies with the Butterfly Delights, (Memory Box), as well as some orange butterflies from the Mini Dimensional Butterflies with Angel Wings (Cheery Lynn Designs). I wanted to give the orange butterflies a little something "extra" so I cut out the Cherish Border and saved the tiny little hearts from the "throwaway parts."  I adhered the hearts to the centers of the orange butterflies, and then I covered the hearts with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive and sprinkled them with Peruvian Lily glitter.  I set this aside overnight to dry completely.  Once the glitter hearts were dry, the stamped/stenciled piece was layered with a purple mat and then this was adhered to a Kraft base.

I thought that sentiment was perfect with this sun-splashed stencil piece.  I love the glittery hearts on the butterflies. It's a bit unexpected and fun!  This will be a great card to send to someone who has been having a rough time.


Cute card and so full of cheer! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  
Pin It

No comments: