Friday, March 14, 2014

For My Friend

Hi, it's Misti!

I have a sympathy card to share with you today.  A good friend of mine lost her father this week.

Since I have such a hard time making sympathy cards to keep on hand, I was able to personalize this one just for her.  She loves light pink roses, so that's where I started with this card.


The roses in the With Sympathy set from JustRite are just beautiful. I stamped them onto a piece of white cardstock and water colored them with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Markers, using  Spun Sugar, Peeled Paint  and the Detail Water Brush. I backed it with a piece of gray cardstock. Then I set it aside.

I used white cardstock for my base and the same gray to make a mat.

Then I used a piece of designer paper from the KaiserCraft Key to My Heart pack. I added a piece of White Cluney lace before I taped those pieces down.

I took another piece of white cardstock and the Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles. I used the fourth one from the center. Don't forget to use the Cuttlehug. It will make a huge difference getting into all of those detailed areas!

I adhered the roses pieces onto the rectangle and used pieces of Joy Foam Pads to pop up the rectangle.

I added White Baby Pearls to the corners of the white cardstock and the pink designer paper.  

Thanks for checking out my card! Hope to see you again!




Your card is so lovely! Thanks Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Misti's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...

  

Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Wow, Misti, so pretty! I love how the rose looks almost antique. A really nice card.