Saturday, March 15, 2014

Sunrise Rooster

Hi, it's Holly posting today! I've been playing with the new Memory Box stencils that arrived in the Classy Cards 'n Such store.  



For this card, I pulled out the Texture Shine  stencil and laid it over some white cardstock.  I then sponged on some yellow ink over most of the open area, and then I followed up with some orange ink down towards the bottom.  After I took the stencil off, the white areas were a bit too stark in contrast, so I toned it down by lightly sponging some more yellow and orange inks over the stenciled background.

Next, I cut out the Cheery Lynn Designs Victorian Picket Fence  and the Poppystamps Barnyard Rooster from dark brown cardstock and adhered those to my background.

The sentiment, from Inky Antics Daisy Bouquets stamp set, was stamped with dark brown ink at the top of my stenciled background.

The stenciled piece was matted with a dark brown layer and then adhered to a Kraft card base.

This piece was really fun to create.  I love how this card is free of bulky embellishments. I can write a note inside and pop this in the mail to a loved one.  This card is gender free, so I can send this to anyone.


Your card will surely make someone smile! Thanks Holly!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Holly's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

There are lots of new products, including new brass stencils, in the Classy Cards 'n Such shop over the past week or so!  Be sure to check them all out here.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  
Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Love the card Holly! I like how you used the Shine stencil for the sunrise. If that rooster starts crowing, he and I would be having dialogue! ha ha. Seriously, your card will brighten someone's day!!