Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Lilac Garden Rose

Hi, it's Misti, to share a new challenge card with you today!

I've really enjoyed making my own backgrounds with stencils. Up to this point, I've just used ink. I've had some Dreamweaver Crackle Embossing Paste sitting out and it was calling my name.


I pulled out the Texture Tessatina stencil from Memory Box. Since this week's challenge is all about purple, I used a dark purple cardstock and put the stencil on top of it.  I dabbed some crackle embossing paste onto the cardstock and spread it around like I was icing a cake. I just did a thin layer because I wasn't sure how long it would take to dry. It didn't take very long at all. The crackle in the background is really noticeable and didn't flake off.  I'm super impressed!

While it was drying, I used a purple ink, and inked up the Garden Rose stamp by B Line Designs, and stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock. I know I said this before, but I love how nice and even these stamps stamp up. I layered my rose onto 2 different shades of purple cardstock.  Then added some Small Joy Foam Pads pieces to each corner, and popped up the image on the stenciled background. More layers of the purple cardstock and then the white base.

This is going to make a great birthday card for a friend who LOVES purple!  Hope you will make a purple creation and share it with us this week.


Your card is just beautiful and full of colors! Thanks Misti!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used.

If you like Misti's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!   The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

   
  Pin It

No comments: