Friday, June 13, 2014

Loves Me, Loves Me Not

Hi Diane here with you today! Did the title of my post get your attention? I hope so, as I have this pretty card to tell you about!

This week at Classy Cards 'n Such, our challenge is Make Your Own Background using either a stencil or a background stamp. 
 

After much "dilemma" of which to use, I chose a stencil! My stencil is the beautiful Memory Box Texture Brilliant. I sponged on Sky Blue ink using Mini Ink Blending Tool. You want to "softly" sponge, so as not to get the round shape on your paper, adding more color on top of color as you go, giving a nice soft and natural look!

I have to honestly admit, after it was done I wasn't sure where I was going next with it, but decided to pull out my Sizzix Mini Daisy from Susan's Garden die. This is a very tiny die with 16 petals each flower, but don't let it fool you, as it is super easy to construct.

After my petals were cut, I added Susan's Garden PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit, using the Diarylide Yellow applied to the inside tips of my flowers. I constructed the flowers with the help of the Susan's Garden Tool Kit. After the flowers were done, I added a very tiny bit of Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Green to each center and topped them with some yellow flocking. This step also helps adhere them together.



While my flowers were drying, I cut out the Memory Box Quinn Flourish, using Bo Bunny Soft Shades Double-Dot Designs paper.

After adding the bow, I decided to leave the card "as is", as I wanted to really showcase the background!

I invite you to enter our Make Your Own Background  challenge this week. We would love to see your creations and you could win a prize as well!


Your card is beautiful! The bouquet sets off the background. Thanks Diane!

Click any of the gold links above for more info or to purchase any of the products used. If you like Diane's card, please share it on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found!

The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...
 
Pin It

2 comments:

Lindah said...

I love this card, it's just so happy. Great job Bev.

Lisa said...

This is absolutely stunning!! The background looks amazing!! The flowers are beautiful!! What a gorgeous card!! Thanks for the inspiration!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts