Monday, August 4, 2014

Butterfly Blues

Hi, it's Jenny!  Sometimes you just need a card quick and this was it for me.

I was inspired by the CCNS challenge to use the Negative from a die cut.  I use a lot of flowers on my cards but for some reason as soon as I saw the challenge I thought of butterflies!



I began this card with a wash of Twinkling H20's. It might be difficult to see in the photo but this card shimmers. After the watercolor dried, I flicked more paint off the end of my paintbrush for across the card front for the paint splatter effect.

I cut the butterfly using the Memory Box Swirl Butterfly die.  I trimmed the top layer 1/2 inch smaller than the A2 card base.  Before I did the final assembly, I also used my paintbrush to flick clear glossy accents on the top of the card, so there are patches of clear dimensional shimmer  which also makes the card look almost wet in spots.

Last, I glued the butterfly into position before using Joy Foam Pads, to pop up the top layer.


Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right column. You'll love the special sales!

Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






Pin It

1 comment:

Mulberry Mindy said...

Lovely butterfly card, Jenny. I, too, love to use the twinkling H2O's they leave such a soft and twinkling shimmer.
Mindy