Friday, August 8, 2014

Christmas Ornaments

One of our alumni designers, Holly Brown, shared many of her wonderful cards with us. Today we are featuring one of her cards that uses round punches that gives her embossing folder the Negative effect for our challenge this week.


Hi Classy friends!  Have you started thinking about Christmas yet?  I have tried to do at least one Christmas card every month this year, and I actually managed to stick to that resolution so far. Here is a fun and easy Christmas card that I'd like to share with you.


I started by embossing some off-white cardstock with the Swirl Baubles embossing folder, and then I used some circle punches and a circle die to cut out the embossed Christmas ornaments.

I stamped the gorgeous sentiment from Christmas Inner Thoughts (JustRight) to the right of the punched circles.

Here's the fun part.  I pulled out my Christmas papers and picked these three papers from the Authentique Tradition 6"x6" paper pad and adhered them to the back side of the punched circles. You could use up a bunch of your little scraps of papers by doing this. This background piece was adhered to a burgundy card base, and then I added some of the beautiful Cranberry Pearls to the embossed swirls at the top.

I hope this inspires you to make a Christmas card or two this week.  December will be here before you know it!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.


Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







 
Pin It

No comments: