Friday, August 1, 2014

Girly Gingham

Good morning! It's Jenny posting today! For the Gingham challenge this week, all I could think of were baby cards (especially baby girl cards, as it seems everyone around me is having girls this summer).  Unfortunately, when I actually need a card, is when I find I have the most trouble making one.  After a bit of procrastination, this ended up being a quick and fun card to make.


I began by cutting the Memory Box Precious Mobile die three times with white, pink and yellow card stock. The white mobile was used as the base, and then I cut out pieces of the pink and yellow, and layered them on top to add dimension.  I could have colored them with Copics as I did with the strings, but I like how the dangling hearts and stars match the other paper.

I used two different sizes of the Spellbinders Floral Ovals die, and popped up each of the two Floral layers using Joy! Foam Pads.  The Spellbinders Floral Oval made the perfect lacy backdrop for a girl card.The yellow gingham oval was cut using the central oval from the Spellbinders Filigree Delight die.

To add a bit of glitz, I glued rhinestones using Art Institute's glue with Ultra-fine tip to some of the hearts and stars on the mobile. This tip is perfect for small areas.

I hope you decide to join us for our Gingham challenge this week!


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

1 comment:

Diane said...

Very cute card...what a perfect die for a baby card....girls rule...lol!!