Friday, August 8, 2014

Hello

Hi, everyone, it's Diana!  This weeks challenge is to use the negative of your die which I think is just a great way to make your dies go further.  It also makes for less scrap too which is a bonus in my book.  My card this week is very CAS but still packs a punch.


First I made the marble-swirl background paper by dabbing Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers distress ink and dabs of Antique Bronze and Brushed Pewter distressed stain on my craft sheet, spritzing it with water, and then swirled my cardstock over the mixed inks (video tutorial here). I had done something similar for a tag earlier, and had to try it again, only this time I used the largest Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A die to trim it down.

For my top layer, I cut out the "hello" using a set of lowercase alphabet dies that I have in my supplies. I stapled a little fishtail banner made out of vellum and embossing in silver, with a sentiment from the ODBD Ornate Frame Sentiments. Finally I added some sequins around my sentiments. You could use Silver Rhinestones located here at Classy Cards 'n Such.

Thank you so much for looking!




We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found! The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

No comments: