Saturday, August 30, 2014

Lace in the Window

Hi, it's Holly posting today!  I love making cards with my dies from Classy Cards 'n Such, and I was inspired to play with the window die this time after I bought some of the gorgeous Iridescent White Flowers Lace.  I knew I wanted this lace to act as a "curtain" inside the window, so I had to see how that would look.



I started by cutting out some Kraft cardstock with the Small Madison Window die.  I also cut out the Small Madison Flower Box from Kraft cardstock.  I stamped both pieces with the Wood Texture stamp from Impression Obsession and then sponged a little extra brown ink around the edges.  I then cut a small piece of the Iridescent White Flowers Lace and taped it to the inside of the stamped window die cut.  Isn't that lace gorgeous?


I glued down the window to a white card base and then I cut out some Leaf Clusters and flowers from the Flower Mound die.  I arranged some of the leaves and flowers near the bottom of the window and then I affixed the Small Madison Flower Box die cut with some Joy Foam Pads over the bottom of the window.  I tucked in a few extra leaves and flowers here and there to fill in the flower box.  The last thing I did was stamp the sentiment from the Hello Daisy stamp set (JustRite) below the window.

I love that Iridescent White Flowers Lace and I think it would look gorgeous with any kind of window card.  Can't you just see this with a fall foliage window or a Christmas window?  Ohhhhhh the possibilities!


We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebok, Pinterest, Google+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 
 
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...




   

Pin It

2 comments:

Judy1223 said...

CUTE!!! Love the lace and the flower box under the window...adorable!

ednamburgess said...

Cute idea and turned out well. Edna