Monday, August 18, 2014

Nostalgic Bird Cage

Hi, It's Gracie! Welcome to my post for this week's challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such - Home is where the Heart Is.

This challenge brought me lots of memories while I tried to think of something that reminded me of home. I remembered my mom's parrots, which were kept in large cages on her back porch. They knew our names, they sang, and even fought for our attention. Those sweet birds were given to a new family a while ago and all we were left with were the memories. In any case, the feeling is nostalgic, because things change so fast, and it's no secret that I sometimes long for the old times at home.


For today's card I used Spellbinders dies. I used Bird Cage Two, to die cut on Riccio Astrosilver Embossed Metallic and emboss on sand beige feuille card stock. I mounted the die cut on the beige embossed piece. I die cut the cute Impression Obsession Birds Set four times, from soft blue metallic cardstock, and made two decoupage birds, with four layers.

I handmade lots of flowers with Bitty Blossoms, Rose Creations and Carnation Creations, by Spellbinders. I also die cut a few leaves. All of these were made from leather textured, metallic and linen cardstocks. I adhered them around the bird cage forming a bouquet. I decorated the bouquet with two Spellbinders Fantastic Flourish Three die cuts, and a bow made with Delicate Pink trim. 

 
I heat embossed a sentiment in white, on Heavyweight Vellum. This stamp is from the Stampendous Spanish Greetings set, which translates to "Forever" in English. Contact Beverly at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com to order this stamp.

I added Baby Pearls - LeCreme and  Baby Rhinestones - Silver, Large White Pearls , 2" white lace, a white feather and a little wood pin to finish the design. If you look closely, you'll notice I roughly painted the flowers, the cage and the pin with metallic silver acrylic paint.

All was mounted on a Spellbinders Majestic Labels Twenty Five frame, and label die cut from soft blue metallic card stock. I used off white leather textured card stock for my card base.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my card! I invite you to join our challenge this week at Classy Cards 'n Such. As always you can win the main prize or there will be a special prize from the store for the classiest card maker!


If you would like to view the challenge for the week and the rules, click on the Current Challenge label, located on the right side of the page.

Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

2 comments:

wannabcre8tive said...

A very beautiful card.

Diane said...

Gorgeous card...love every single lovely detail of it!!