Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Vintage Pearls

Hello, Shirley, here today.  We are starting a new week and a new challenge. Our challenge is to make a card using a  Negative part of a die cut.


I had a plan when I start out making my card.  After a few seconds at my craft table,  my thoughts derailed and I went in a totally different direction.    I am actually happy about that because the results of my derailment produced this pretty Vintage card.

I started out with stamping this image from JustRite Botanical Medallions and Banners stamp set.   I stamped it with brown ink on pink card stock. I cut it out and placed it on my designer paper.

My negative, which was die cut with Spellbinders Large Classic Scalloped Ovals, is from a piece of embossed brown paper that I framed my image with it.


I added the Calcutta Mini's - Porcelane flower to the center of the image.

I used a border punch to make the lace and I added three White Pearls, that I colored with a marker to match the pearl on my flower. I attached the main layer to my pink layer and added it to my card base.

I hope you will make your card and upload it to our challenge.  We would love to see how you use your negative this week.

Thank you for checking out my card today.  We are happy you joined us!


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time... 





  
Pin It

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh my gosh, what a gorgeous and elegant vintage card. And, thank you for sharing the details on the making of this beautiful card!