Saturday, September 27, 2014

Your Special Day

Hi, it's Holly posting today.  Do you need an elegant birthday card for a special person?  This card might fit the bill.


The papers in the Kaisercraft Magnolia Grove paper pad are very elegant and rich and sophisticated, and they inspired me to create this quiet and understated, yet elegant card. I adhered the green damask paper from the Magnolia Grove paper pad to some cream card stock and then I adhered these to a dark brown card base. The beautiful banner sentiment from the Botanical Medallions and Banners set, (JustRite), was stamped at the top of the green damask paper.

Next, I die cut the scallop border from the Blueprints 4 die set from some cream card stock and adhered it towards the bottom of the card.  The richly colored polka dot paper, also from the Magnolia Grove paper pad, was cut from the rounded rectangle die found in the Blueprints 6 die set and then adhered right above the scallop border.

Instead of a bunch of flowers or other busy designs, I opted for a simple and gorgeous die cut of the Quinn Flourish die cut from dark brown card stock. I couldn't bear to cover up this gorgeous die cut, so I threaded a tiny strip of the dark brown card stock through an ivory button and adhered the button the center of the Quinn Flourish die cut.  I adhered the die cut to the center of the polka dot rectangle.


Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar tab, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

1 comment:

wannabcre8tive said...

So pretty, I love the Quinn Flourish die you used.