Friday, October 24, 2014

Leaves Fall

Fall is finally here in several areas of the country. Leaves on trees are turning shades of orange, yellow, brown and gold.

Mindy here with you today, to share a card that reminds me of this most beautiful time of the year.


I started this card on a manila tag.  I used PanPastels Flower Coloring Kit-Landscape starter set, to lay down a base of color on my tag then gently blended them together.

I then stamped the single daisy from Daisies stamp set from Stacy Stamps around the card, with brown ink. To continue with the background, I mixed a little orange acrylic paint with my Dreamweaver Regular Embossing Paste, and forced it through my plastic stencil of circular lattice work. To complete my background, I added a top and bottom border of Prima orange Lace and gemstones to give it a little sparkle.

For embellishment I stamped two more of the Daisies by Stacy Stamps, and fussy cut around them before coloring them with my Copic markers.

I then took some music paper and cut several copies of the Fall Leaf die by Sizzix, stacking and gluing several together to make them thick and sturdy.  Then using my PanPastels again, colored each leaf with multi colors and blending with my sponge.  When they were dry, I assembled them along with the Daisies in a nice design, and adhered them to the card with Art Institute Clear Drying Adhesive.

I then picked through my scraps on my work table and found a frame cut from plaid card stock, and a dotted card, that I colored with the PanPastels to match my background, and using letter stamps to stamp the words leaves fall.  I then attached the entire tag to a card front to complete my fall card. 

Note: There are quite a few good substitutions in the Classy Cards 'n Such store. See product list below and click on the name to take you to the store. 

Trim, Ribbon and Lace
Tim Holtz Ink Sprays or Distress Stains
Small Brayer to color the lace
Bling - Rhinestones, Pearls could be colored to match
New - More Christmas ornaments and related items
Leaves - Prima Leaves is a new gorgeous set
             Impression Obsession Leaves is a really nice set

I hope you enjoyed this card!


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Check it all out here today!
  
Click on the Weekly Deals label found in the right hand column of the blog. You'll love the special sales!
 
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






    
Pin It

No comments: