Monday, October 27, 2014

Peppermint Posies


Anyone out there having Candy Cane cravings yet? Our challenge at Classy Cards 'n Such this week is Candy Cane Christmas! I wanted to use my Poinsettia die, so I started looking for some red and white striped paper that looked like a candy cane.

It's Mindy here, sharing my peppermint  poinsettia's with you today. The frame strips and poinsettia petals were cut using the Poinsettia die by Spellbinders, and stripped Noel paper from My Minds Eye and Teresa Collins.



The Spellbinders die is not available in the Classy Cards Online store at the moment, but the Blooming Poinsettia die by PoppyStamps, would look just as nice.  I shaped the flowers and petals with the Susan's Garden Tool Kit that has all the tools you need to shape and bend the paper petals and give them a natural look.

The rest of the background is decorated with a flourish die from My Favorite Things, and some Ponderosa Pine Sprigs by Dee's Distinctively, cut from Champagne Pearlized Metallic card stock. 

To finish my card, I took some green scrap card stock and cut the tiny holly leaf cluster from the Twig Wreath die set from Impression Obsession. Attached them to each corner of the card, with berries made with the Viva Decor Pearl Pen - Pearl Pink. 

I hope you have enjoyed my card today, and will submit your card or two, to our challenge this week!


Classy Cards 'n Such just added cute new stamps and dies to the store. Check out the NEW section here.

Join the Classy Cards blog email list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today! 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

1 comment:

Diane said...

Very pretty card Mindy...loved seeing your candy cane poinsettias, clever idea!!