Monday, October 6, 2014

Pink Christmas

Hi!  This is Diana sharing with you my Think Pink card for Classy Cards 'n Such challenge, in honor of Cancer Awareness Month.


I went with a pink and silver Christmas Card.  I die cut the Small Blooming Poinsettia by PoppyStamps several times on watercolor paper.  Then I did a pink wash on each flower layer, curled it with my stylus, and then built it up.

For the center stamens, I used Silver Detail embossing powder, so that it would match my sentiment.

For the leaves, I placed the same silvery Washi Tape from my border on my watercolor paper before die-cutting.  I like to have the materials repeated somewhere on the card to tie it together.

It was all a little too plain until I decided on adding the Amira Flourish, from Memory Box, to ground my poinsettias. After die cutting it from the craft metal sheet, I cut the flourish in half and adhered the halves at right angles.

Finally, I brushed  some extra shimmer on with the Wink of Stella glitter pen.  Thank you so much for looking!


Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Diana, wow I just love our card. It is so classy and elegant.