Thursday, November 13, 2014

Christmas Cardinal

Hello, it is Shirley here today!  I know  you won't believe it, but I have another Christmas card to show you. Really, we are on the countdown to Christmas.  If we want to mail them the day after Thanksgiving, as many do,  we will have to keep working away at them.


I started my card today with picking the Impression Obsession Cardinal Scene stamp for my image.  I colored it with markers.

Next, I cut a red card base and layered it with white card stock. I added another layer of checked paper from the Graphic 45 12 Days of Christmas 6 X 6 paper pad.

I cut the Small Madison Window to place over the colored image.

I stamped the sentiment from the Our Daily Bread Designs, Ornate Frame Sentiments, on to white card stock.   I used a small oval punch to cut it out. I layered the sentiment with a red oval.I attached all the card pieces together. I cut the white branches using a branch punch. I arranged them above the sentiment and used Glue Dots Mini - 3/16" to attach them. I cut the Impression Obsession Heart Flourish die from red paper. I trimmed the heart off and just used the flourishes. I attached them to the white branches with Glue Dots Mini - 3/16".

I used red, green and yellow card stock, to cut the Poppy Stamps Blooming Poinsettia. I positioned the poinsettia and attached it with glue dots.  For the final step, I used White Pearls in the upper corners.

Thank you, for visiting and taking a look at my card!


There is still time to join our current Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Weekly Challenge label on the right side of the blog!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Holy Schmokes, Sistah! This card really rocks! What a fabulous idea to have your cardinal right outside the window, checking out the preps for the season!! Creativity is dripping from your card, with the inside wall and the spray of branches surrounding the poinsettia! Just a fantastic Christmas card in every way!!