Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sparkle and Shine


Hello friends! Mindy with you today, to share a sparkling and shiny card that reminds me of the old Aluminum Christmas Tree of years past.

Our challenge this week is to create a Gold or Silver or both, Christmas Tree as per our Inspirational Photo.


As you can see from my drawing below, I started my card by mapping my tree form with strips of matching card stock to the front panel of my card.


Then I used my Ponderosa Pine Sprig from Dee's Distinctively dies to die cut three sets of the sprigs, (approximately 24), from the Tinsel Holographic Paper. I then cut each sprig in half lengthwise, and began gluing the sprigs to the card stock branches with the Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. This adhesive dries clear and quickly and makes assembly of the tree a snap!

I then looked through all my small and tiny dies for ones that would be suitable for ornaments on that size of tree. I used a small star from the Blueprints 13 die cut set of Die-namics from My Favorite Things, a small Fluer-de-lis from the Damask Motifs die set from Spellbinders, a small snowflake, and a small bird.  It is amazing how many tiny ornaments you can find by just looking at the dies you have in your stash. 

I forgot to mention that when you adhere the Ponderosa Pine Sprig pieces to the tree form, try to adhere just the solid base, leaving the ends of the pine sprigs sticking up a bit, so you get texture and dimension in your tree. That will make the ribbon and ornaments easier to adhere to the front of your card.

To finish the card, I added a little bling by adhering Allure Swirl Silver Rhinestones to the centers of the snowflakes.

I hope you have enjoyed my card today, and will create a card to submit to our weekly challenge.


Classy Cards 'n Such online store has added new products. Click here to find all the new items that have been added!

If there is something you can't find in the store, you can click here to email the store. We have fantastic customer service and shipping.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






Pin It

No comments: