Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Sparkling Candlelight

Hello, Shirley posting today! Wow can you believe that Thanksgiving is here already? This month has flew by way too fast.

I sure have a lot to do to prepare for our Christmas celebration.  I am happy that I have so many Christmas cards made, and today I am showing you the latest one I have made.  It is my newest favorite Christmas card.


I used a black card base layered with white card stock, followed with red foil paper from the Foil Paper - Textured Patterns 1 package. I adhered the white and red layer to the card base.

I cut a gold scallop circle and followed with a black circle with dot embossing. I used white card stock  and the Memory Box Pillar Box Candle Trio die to cut the candles. I repeated this step again only using red foil paper. I took the negative pieces and filled in the white candle outline.   I used Art Institute Clear Adhesive to glue the candles on the black circle. I then adhered this circle to the gold scalloped circle and adhered it to the red foil.


I used the Impression Obsession Christmas Sentiments to stamp the sentiment. The sentiment I chose said, "Wishing you a very Merry Christmas".  It was too big for the space for my sentiment, so I used tape to cover the words I did not want to use, and stamped the Merry Christmas on white card stock.  I used an oval scalloped punch on black card stock to put behind the sentiment.

I used a die from my collection to cut the gold paper for the sentiment.  I adhered these pieces together and placed them on the card.  I finished my card by adding the glitter dots that I have had in my stash for quite some time.  I had actually forgotten about them so I was happy I ran across them, they were perfect for this card.

Thank you, for coming by to look at my card.  Tune in again tomorrow for more inspiration from the design team!



We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...

  






Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

Shirley, this is really a stunning card and I can only imagine what it looks like IRL! the foil just screams "Christmas" and putting the candles against the black BG really makes them stand out!! AWESOME CARD!