Monday, November 10, 2014

Stunning Black & Gold

Hello friends! It is Shirley posting today. Our challenge this week is to make card with an Ornament and Ribbon

I suppose you know what that means - yes, I have another Christmas card made and ready to mail. Wow, Thanksgiving is upon us so we will be needing to mail these cards real soon.

For my card, I started with a white card base. I layered it with black and a gold and white stripe designer paper. I don't know about you, but I think  black and gold together really makes a stunning combination.


I used the Memory Box Grand Merry Christmas Script die with black card stock. The Grand Merry Christmas Script is actually the negative piece from the card stock. I glued it to the gold and white paper. It looks like the Christmas was cut from the white and gold, but it was not. I like the way it looks.

The next step was to use the Impression Obsession Heart Flourish die to cut the flourishes from black card stock. I snipped the flourishes from the heart to create the  embellishments for my card.

The Fancy Ornament is by Impression Obsession. I  used shiny gold card stock to cut this beautiful ornament. The bow was cut from black card stock. I placed the ornament and bow on the  striped paper along with the flourishes. I adhered them to the card with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive with the Art Institute Metal Tip. The metal tip enables you to get a precision application and fine line writing with adhesive. 

For the finishing touch, I added a gold  bead to the bow.

I hope you enjoyed the card today and I appreciate your coming by to take a look at it. The products listed above can be found at Classy Cards 'n Such online store. Use Shirley -10 for a discount!


You are invited to Classy Cards 'n Such online store to see all the new amazing products available. There are many new stamps, dies, and so much more has been added!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

What a WOW, Shirley!! I did not see this before I talked to you this morning, and I just about fell off my chair!!! That look of black and gold is a super combination and a winner in my book - LOVE THIS, SISTER!