Thursday, December 4, 2014

Carried To Heaven

Hello, it is Shirley posting today. I have been making Christmas cards for the last few weeks and I thought you might be ready for something different.

I made a sympathy card which is always a hard card to make when you need one. Having a few made a head  of time makes it a little easier when you need one to send.


I started with a white card base. I layered it with a piece of purple card stock. I cut a white layer of card stock to put over the purple. I used a Anna Griffin Matelasse embossing folder to give my card a little texture.

I found this scrap purple paper in my scrap bag to add over the embossed white card stock. I used the Our Daily Bread Designs Angel Wings die to cut wings from a piece of white card stock.  I popped it  up over the purple paper with Joy Small Foam Pads. I selected another piece of white card stock to stamp a sentiment on from the Our Daily Breads Designs stamps set Carried To Heaven.  I used a heart die to cut the sentiment. I popped it up over the wings with Joy Foam Pads. 

Next I took white card stock and used the Spellbinders Decorative Labels Twenty Seven dies, to cut a decorative piece to place under the angel wings.  I decorated it with a purple rose and four Purple Rhinestones to finish my card. 

I hope you have a great day, and come back tomorrow for more inspiration! 


There are new dies, stamps and stencils in the shop this week along with lots of other new additions!   You can see everything here. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

1 comment:

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous and elegant card, Shirley.