Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Let it Snow!

Wonderful wintry wishes, this first week of the New Year, 2015!  Mindy with you today, to share my card for this weeks challenge at Classy Cards n' Such, the color Teal, and snowflakes! 

I started by making a watercolor background, using a green and a blue Gelato pigment crayon from Faber Castell to lay down the sky colors then blend with my finger and a moist baby wipe. (The Gelato's are not in the CCNS online store, but they can be ordered through CCNS. Just send an email to beverly@classycardsnsuch.com).




Using the Small Snowflake die set from Impression Obsession, and Pearlized Esse White Metallic card stock, I die cut two sets of the snowflakes and adhered them to the wintry background. Some I adhered directly to the background, and some I popped up, using small Foam Pads from Joy! to give the card dimension. I also tore two strips of the Pearlized Esse White Metallic card stock to look like a snow bank and snow on the ground. I used a white  marker to make small dots in the background to look like snow falling.

I then die cut the Carolers from Impression Obsession using So ... Silk Glamour Green card stock. I placed them on top of the snow bank with foam pads, then using my own handwriting wrote Let it Snow. . . Let it Snow. . . Let it Snow along the bottom of the card. 

To add a little bling to the card, I adhered some stones from the Sleek Silver Rhinestone Strips from Want 2 Scrap to each snowflake, and highlighted the entire card with my Clear Glitter Pen from Wink of Stella. Now sing along - "Oh the weather outside is frightful. . ."


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...






 
Pin It

1 comment:

Gail said...

What a beautiful card! Love the die cuts and snowflakes are grand! TFS