Saturday, January 10, 2015

Quilt Scraps

Hello Classy Friends! It's Diane here today!

If you are like me you probably have lots of "scrap" pieces of paper laying around from previous projects and are thinking of ways to use them!

I have been very Pinterest inspired lately and saw the details for this card there. I had created one of these several years ago and it appealed to me so much, I decided to re-create another one. Plus the fact it is a wonderful way to use up some of those scraps!!

I have heard this design called Faux Pinwheel and Quilt Card. I guess either name would work, your choice!

 
First, I embossed a piece of creamy card stock using Craft Too Mini Fans embossing folder. Then using a 1 1/4" square punch, I punched eight squares using some of my left over scraps pieces from Authentique 6 x 6 paper pad Believe.

Each square was adhered to the other using Scor-Tape 1/4" and then the entire piece was popped up using Joy! Small Foam Pads. I added a brad to the center of the piece, and a sentiment from a Flourishes set I had on hand.

I encourage you to give this card a try and use up some of those scrap pieces YOU have on hand.  I hope you get Pinterest inspired and visit the Classy Cards 'n Such Pinterest board.  We have lots of beautiful ideas for you there!


Don't forget to check back tomorrow for our next challenge! We have an inspirational photo for you, for our CCNS #67 Pink and Polka Dots challenge!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...









Pin It

1 comment:

Gail said...

This is a technique I have not tried yet - I shall put it on my bucket list - TFS