Thursday, February 12, 2015

Blue Bird

Hi Everyone, it's Jenny posting today with a card for our new challenge Thoughtful.  I have a nice collection of bird stamps and dies but I haven't used this pretty stamp yet (although I've used others in the set) so I focused the card around it.



I stamped the Inky Antics Bird Bath and Feeder stamp in Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored with Copics.  I cut the image using Spellbinders Oval Bliss die.  I used the die as a stencil and added green distress ink with a Mini Blending Tool to soften the edges.  I backed the oval with a bright blue piece of card stock cut with Spellbinders A2 Filigree Delight die to really bring out the color of the bird like the vibrant one in the inspiration photo.

I cut a piece of lovely pink design paper from the Simple Stories Vintage Bliss paper pad behind the blue to also pick up the pink flowers in the photo.

The oval was popped up higher with Joy Foam Pads.  I cut the Thinking of you words from the Impression Obsession Greeting Set with white card stock and glued them with Art Institute Glue.

Last I had to cover up a bit of extra ink that ended up on the image after one of my children left a sponge dauber on top of my card, so I added a flower made from the new Heartfelt Creations Botanical Wings die.  I cut it out of the scraps from the Vintage Bliss background paper.   I inked the edges with Worn Lipstick distress ink, shaped the petals with my Paper Blossoms Tool Kit and Molding Mat and added a sparkly Rock Candy Center and a bit of Wink of Stella for sparkle.

Thanks for looking and I hope you can play along this week!


Supplies

Clear Rock Candy
Wink of Stella Clear
Distress Ink


There's still time for you to enter this week's challenge!  It doesn't close until midnight on Saturday, so get the mojo going!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: