Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Bluebird of Happiness

Hello friends, Mindy here with a card that brings happy thoughts of you. Our challenge this week at Classy Cards n' Such is an inspiring photo of a beautiful blue bird in among some flowers and berries.

I received the new Birds and Blooms Stamp Set from Heartfelt Creations this week, and it inspired me to stamp and watercolor these beautiful little birds like the one in the challenge photo.



I stamped the branch with leaves and flowers on a sheet of watercolor paper, along with the three small birds and the extra flowers. I then colored them with my watercolor pencils and Tim Holtz Water Brush with the detail nib.  While the colors were drying, I layered several sheets of the beautiful metallic papers sold in the Classy Cards n' Such Online Store. I used Luminized Curious Metallic Silver for the card base, and layered Stardream Punch Metallic behind the watercolor sheet.

I then fussy cut around the extra birds and flowers and mounted them to the base stamp with Foam Pads- small by Joy! The sentiment is from the Floral Basket Stamp Set from JustRite, and I added Pink Rock Candy embellishments from Queen and Company to the centers of the flowers.

I hope you have been inspired by the challenge photo as much as I have been.
We appreciate your sharing our cards and ideas on Facebook, Pinterest, Goggle+, Instagram...anywhere your crafty friends can be found. The icons below my signature make it easy to share.

Thanks for stopping by!!!   Until next time...





Pin It

No comments: