Friday, February 20, 2015

Chloe Stems In Blue

Hello, Shirley, posting today!

I am going to share another card with flowers on it. With the gloomy days of winter, I think we have to make our own sunshine until Mother Nature brings us the real thing.


I started my card with a vanilla card base. Next I cut a layer of blue card stock. The next layer is made with the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea Paper. I love this blue floral paper. Actually, I love almost any of the Graphic 45 papers that I have seen.

At this point, I am thinking about how I am going to decorate my card.  I chose to use an Our Daily Bread Design Beautiful Borders die.  In my opinion, this border always makes a statement. I used circle dies to cut one circle out of blue and one from vanilla. I used the Crafts Too Dots embossing folder on the vanilla card stock.

I used the Memory Box Tall Chloe Stem die to cut the flowers from blue card stock. I used assorted sizes of rhinestones from my stash to decorate the Chloe Stems.

I used blue card stock to cut the Birthday Wishes sentiment using the Impression Obsession Greeting Set.  I put my card together using Art Institute Clear Adhesive. For better controI applying the adhesive, there is also the Art Institute Metal Tip.

I found some blue ribbon that was in my collection that matched the blue card stock and tied it around the card. If you do not have matching ribbon, you could also use Seam Binding and color it with various types of inks or stains.

Thank you, for coming by to see my card.  Come back tomorrow and one of my design team sisters will have a creative card for you to view. 


There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog.
Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





 

Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

I am so glad you keep bringing us all these gorgeous flower card, Shirley! Love this shade of blue and the DP you chose - it really makes your circled Chloe die stand out, especially with the bling!! What a great Birthday card!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Someone will be doing a happy dance on their birthday when they receive this beautiful birthday card. The dies, flowers and, especially, the shades of blue are gorgeous.