Monday, February 16, 2015

Framed Burlap Heart

Hi everyone!   Shirley with you today.  The frame challenge for this week really got me thinking about what is considered  as a frame.  I decided that not only does a decorative die cut serve as just a pretty embellishment, it actually does serve the purpose of framing a focal image that sits on top them.   Since I framed my hearts,  I have another frame for today's card.





I started my card with a ivory card base.  The second layer is paper from the Graphic 45 Botanical Tea.   I used the Spellbinders Romantic Rectangles to cut the decorative layer from Poison Ivory Curious Metallic card stock.   I used the Spellbinders A2 Divine Eloquence die to cut the next decorative frame.

I used a heart die to cut a burlap heart, two gold hearts and an ivory heart to make the layered heart.  I added a crocheted flower and a brad to finish up the framed heart ensemble.   I used Joy Foam Pads large to pop up the rectangle and the heart.   I added some pearls for the finishing touch to my card.

Thanks for coming to visit our blog today.  Have a wonderful week.

If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

2 comments:

Kathy Bradley said...

Wow, Shirley, your card is absolutely gorgeous - the burlap is lovely and adds awesome texture.

irishgreensue said...

That heart on top of the burlap and that cool BG paper is the best ever - love the flower and the brad in the center too - You are really making some gorgeous cards, Shirley!!