Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Tea Celebration

Hi, it's Jenny posting today with a card for our Tea Party #73 challenge.  I love tea and actually collect tea cups and tea dies.  I don't have the new Poppystamps Teapot Stack die yet, but I tried to replicate the look by stacking a tea cup die from my stash.



I first cut a piece of Graphic 45 Botanical Tea paper and used Joy Foam pads to adhere it to a pink layer that I'd aged with distress ink and my mini blending tool. I also roughed up the edges of the pink layer for some extra shabbiness.


I cut the Cheery Lynn Ankara Lace Border and the Celebrate word out of the same pink paper I used for the background.  I cut three tea cups, sponged the edges with Old Paper distress ink and stacked them using Joy Foam Pads for dimension.

I cut the large flowers out of white card stock and colored the centers with Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  I tucked leaves cut from the Tattered Lace Ferns die and another leaf die from my stash.  The leaves were cut with two different greens and also with a brown pattered paper from the Botanical Tea Paper Pad.  


The smaller roses were left over from another project.  Two were cut with a designer paper and the third was colored with pink Glimmer Mist to add a little more pink.

Last I added the pearl centers and pearl hearts from my stash.  Thanks for looking!

Supplies
Distress Ink

Lots of new products are in the Classy Cards shop!  Check it out here and don't forget to enter the BLOG10 code  at checkout for 10% off your order!!

Thanks for stopping by!!!   Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: