Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Birthday Banner

The challenge this week at the Classy Cards 'n Such blog is to Be Inspired by the chosen photo. The pictured quilt has various vehicles, palm trees, and banners. The banners spoke to me, and inspired me to create a card with banners celebrating a birthday. Mindy with you today to share my creation.



Using my favorite turquoise card stock as a background, I die cut the largest stitched rectangle from the Blueprints 13 Die-namics from My Favorite Things. I also cut four banners using the Pennant Swag from Our Daily Bread Designs.  After trimming off the tiny bows on each end, and putting them aside, I shaded the banners and around the edge of the rectangle base with Distress Inks -Tumbled Glass and Orange Marmalade. After placing them in a pleasing design, I adhered them to the background with Joy! Foam Pads-Small and 1/4" Scor-Tape

To embellish the card, I stamped the letters for Happy Birthday from a small alphabet stamp set from my stash, and attached the bows that I trimmed off before. I also added a few sequins, along with Red Rhinestones from Want2Scrap sprinkled around. I completed the front with the sentiment from Flowers in Bloom from Sweet n' Sassy stamps.

Have a wonderful day stamping, and please join us for our challenge!



If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com.

Thanks for stopping by!!!  Until next time...




Pin It

No comments: