Friday, April 24, 2015

Oh, No- Caught A Bug

It is Shirley posting today.  I have made a card for a sick friend today.  I am hoping this might make her smile and take her mind off of being sick for a minute or two.


I started my card with a pink card base and added a layer of white card stock.  I chose a colorful piece of designer paper for the top layer.

I grabbed a scrap piece of white card stock and embossed the jar, from the Sweet 'n Sassy stamp set, Get Well Critters,  using blue embossing powder.  I fussy cut the jar and then stamped the little bug in the center of it using markers to color it in. I stamped the "Oh no" in black ink and used a small tag punch. I lightly sponged pink ink around the tag. I used  Doodle Twine - Sweet Cakes Valentine Assortment to tie around the jar with the tag and added a small bow. I used Joy Small foam pads to pop the jar up on my card.

The main sentiment " I heard you caught a bug" , from the Get Well Critters was stamped on white card stock.  I used the Spellbinders A2 Divine Eloquence to cut the sentiment out. 

This completes my card for today. I hope you liked it.



There is still time to join our Classy Cards 'n Such challenge. Click on the Current Challenge tab on the right side of the blog for all the details.  Come and join the fun!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...



 
Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Aww, Shirley, this is too stinkin' CUTE! Love the colorful DP you used and the embossed jar with the "bug" with that layered sentiment make the perfect Get Well card!!

Kathy Bradley said...

This is too cute - and not that I like bugs real or viral - but he sure is adorable!