Monday, June 29, 2015

Let's Ride

It is Shirley here today. I am going to share my card I made for the Purple Ride challenge this week. We were given a pictures of two cute Purple Bicycles with a basket of live flowers on it.


I picked out purple card stock and designer paper to start off with my card. Once the pieces were cut, I used my scissors to distress the edges. Next I added Lace at the top and the bottom of my card stock.

I used the Impression Obsession Riding Pretty Cling stamp, set to stamp the bicycle on white card stock. I used markers to color the bicycle. and the basket. I also used the Impression Obsession Bicycle die cut set to cut out the basket of flowers.

I used a stamp from my collection to stamp the grass around the bicycle and sponged it with distress ink.  The clouds were done with blue ink and a cloud template. You could use the Memory Box stencil, Modern Cloud Cover, to create your clouds. I cut a scalloped rectangle from purple card stock to make a layer for the bicycle.

I used White Seam Binding for my triple bow, and added a Teardrop Bling - White Pearls on the bow. I colored the pearl with a marker. Next, I found a silver lock with a heart and key that was in my embellishment tray and added them to the card.

The Memory Box Willoughby Butterfly Wings was added to the bottom of the card with Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive.  I added some pieces of Eternal Swirls - White Pearls that were left over from another project to, complete my card. 

We appreciate you coming by today!


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





Pin It

1 comment:

irishgreensue said...

What a sweet ride, Shirley! This is the kind of bicycle I picture you on!! Love the shade of purple you chose in your paper and the bicycle's basket of flowers to match! Your crushed seam binding bow with the heart lock hanging from it, the lovely lace and the simple butterfly sure complete this card wonderfully!! HUGS!