Monday, July 27, 2015

Angel Corners Frame

Good Morning, it is Shirley posting today.  I am going to show you a card I made for the Challenge #95 Colors and Patterns.

You can find the inspiration picture by clicking on the Current Challenge tab, found on the right side of the blog. I have always loved these two colors together so I really like this card. I am also enjoying my Angel Corner die.


I started off with a green card base and layered it with peach card stock. I had a piece of green patterned designer paper in my green scrap bag, that I added over the top of the peach card stock.

Now the fun begins when the decorating starts. I used my PoppyStamps Angel Corner die to make the fancy frame. Next, I chose to use two die sets from my collection, to make the center of my card. The sentiment was stamped on the green die cut, using the Our Daily Bread Designs No Words stamp set.

I cut three hearts using vanilla card stock and a punch. I cut three green hearts, and three peach hearts, using the Memory Box Precious Hearts die. I glued the peach hearts to the green hearts, and used Joy Small Foam Pads to pop them up over the vanilla heart. I cut two more peach hearts to add on the sentiment piece. I used Baby Silver Rhinestones to decorate the hearts.

The finishing touch to my card was adding the bow, made using the Sue Wilson Filigree 3D Itty Bitty Bow.

I adhered all the pieces of this card using Art Institute Dries Clear Adhesive. This adhesive adheres to most anything. It dries quickly, and it really holds well to keep your pieces from falling off your card.

I hope you will make a card using the inspiration picture and join us for our challenge.

Thanks for looking and have a great week.


If you are unable to find an item in the store, or would like something special ordered, please email me at beverly@classycardsnsuch.com. 

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

2 comments:

irishgreensue said...

Wow, Shirley, positively, absolutely LOVE these colors together!! Those angel corner dies give your card a look of "movement" just like I imagine angel wings are! The sweet hearts surrounding your sentiment are perfect for expressing your heart! Fabulous card!!

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous and elegant! I love the colors and the dies are wonderful.