Monday, July 27, 2015

Beautiful You

Hello! Diana here, to share with you a card I made with some fun summer colors, for this week's Colors and Patterns challenge.


I started with 2 sheets of white card stock, trimmed with the largest rectangle die from Spellbinders A2 Matting Basics A. On one of them, I sponged in a diagonal direction with Tim Holtz Peacock FeathersPicked Raspberry, and then Squeezed Lemonade.  I love how those colors blended together makes such a wonderful array of colors.

From the second piece of the white rectangle, I die cut out a Fancy Cutout Border by Impression Obsession and also the Memory Box Honey Blossom Sprig. I then adhered that sheet with all the negative cuts on it to the sponged layer. After that was done, I glued back the white Honey Blossom Sprig - slightly offsetting it so that the sponged layer would show up as a shadow.


I also sponged another strip with the same colors to add a banner using some stamps and White Detail embossing powder. For a final touch, I added some pearl dots using the Ice White Viva Decor Pearl Pen.

For the inside of the card, I also used the Fancy Cutout Border die along the bottom edge. 


Thanks for looking and I hope you find some time to play along! 


Join the Classy Cards newsletter list in the upper left column of this blog and receive exclusive weekly deals not available elsewhere! A one-time 20% discount on an order of your choice! Subsequent orders receive a 10% discount. Don't miss out, join today!

Don't forget to check out the NEW section at Classy Cards 'n Such. Release from 2015 collections are being added every day! When you check out, don't forget to enter your discount for a great savings!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...





Pin It

No comments: