Monday, July 13, 2015

Picnic Today

It's summer time, and a great day for a picnic. Our challenge this week on the blog is #93 Summer Picnic Color, featuring the colors of Kraft, Red, and White.

When I heard the theme was picnic, I knew immediately the stamp I wanted to use. Mindy with you today, sharing my picnic themed card.


I ordered the Gazebo 'Try' Fold card by Art Impressions last year, and have only used it a few times. Although it can be used for weddings, anniversaries, and birthdays, I thought it would be great promoting a summer picnic. The instructions included with the stamp, are to make a card that has three sections of stamping, that when folded together, makes a wonderful interactive card. This time I only wanted to make a one-layer card, to show the entire scene on the front of the card.

After coloring with my markers, I trimmed around the entire image, added a border of red card stock and trimmed again. I added dimension to the sign on the easel with Joy! Large Foam Pads, and even more dimension with some clear adhesive on the sign, balloons, and flower pot. 

I embossed a rectangle of Kraft colored stock with the Bricks and Bark M-Bossabilities by Spellbinders, and attached it to the front of my card. I then adhered the picnic scene to the card front to complete my card. 

I hope you enjoy our sample cards this week, and will enter one of your own creations to our challenge. Happy Stamping!

Want to plan ahead and join our weekly challenges? Just click on the Challenge Calendar label, located on the right side of the page. We would love to have you share your creative ideas! Invite your friends to play along! You could be our next Classy Cards 'n Such prize winner!

Thanks for stopping by!!! Until next time...







Pin It

No comments: